.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Popular Post

Alternative Fashion Week @ Spitalfields Market

Hi guys,

Today I had the chance to attend the 'Alternative Fashion Week @ Spitalfields Market'.

Spitalfields is a big market based on the East side of town. Like Portobello, it has a mixture of vintage and new bits, but it's much bigger, busier and better in the sense that there are loads garages (transformed into markets on the weekend) where stalls are put up or sometimes you get the odd car, the with it's boot open, full of treasures.
The option for vintage clothes and accessories is much bigger around there, since East London is also home for 2 great vintage shops, Absolute Vintage and Beyond Retro.

The Alternative Fashion Week is happening up to the 23rd of April, showcasing new talents on it's daily fashion shows and also holding a fashion market with clothes, accessories and textiles. Worth the visit, I had a great day out!

I got there a bit late, not knowing that the fashion show starts at 1:15PM but luckily for me I didn't miss too much and managed to take some great snaps.

Here we go:

Adorable designs by Chantal Gibbs-Jones, perfect if you are cupcake babe!









Cool knitwear by Anna Wilkinson.







Fluid, shiny and futuristic designs by Olga Shishkina.







This amazing show was all created by 2nd year students from the Kensington and Chelsea College. (Where I have also graduated from.)
Just loved the textures created. The collection was all black but the attention to detail was beautiful and very creative.








And here just the big finale with all the models from all the shows, good for me to catch up on what I had missed...




Boys, boys, boys... in kilts for Richards Evans-Lacey.






Wish I had seen this whole show properly ;(




Loved those prints, especially on the leggings.

Shame I am not able to check out the other days... Go, if you can!



See you soon.
x