.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Popular Post

Chanel Mimosa

Hi guys,

A while back, I blogged about the new trend for this Summer, the yellow nail varnish. My only experience with yellow nail varnish goes way back to when I was very young, we're talking about the 80's which was the only time where 'different' coloured nail varnish was sold in Brazil and it was not for long anyway. So within that period I bought a couple of bottles, yellow and blue. The yellow, I can remember well, it was a canary yellow and it didn't look that nice, plus it was very difficult to apply.
Nowadays, we are spoiled for choice, even in Brazil the trend has caught again and now they also have some amazing colours and some great dupes too.

Anyways, the other day I was at the Chanel counter and saw a sample for Mimosa, I applied just a little bit and looked quite nice and shimmery. I contemplated that 'dot' of nail varnish for the whole weekend and the more I looked at it the more curious I got about it. So, I only had one way to answer all my questions about yellow nail varnishes and so I gave myself a full manicure at the Chanel counter.
I know it's terribly cheeky but I really wanted to know things like, was the texture good? Was it easy to apply? How many coats would I need? And ultimately how would it look? I have bought 2 nail varnishes from Chanel, Particuliere and Nouvelle Vague and I find the latter a real difficulty to apply. So this time, I'm keeping my £17 in my pocket until I try the stuff and then I can make my mind up about it.

(Sorry for the bad manicure and mobile picture)



Nothing has changed much in the yellow nail varnish field I guess. The shimmer is there but only when you apply the first coat and then it fades away as more coats get put on and you still need 3 coats in order for it to look good.
The colour is very nice though, even on my pale skin it didn't look bad. Almost a lemony yellow although I could say it also looks like a light mustard.
The application is streaky but it seams to dry quickly in between coats, Nouvelle vague just doesn't.

Verdict: It was great to try but I'm not going to buy, I like this colour very much but I'm not mad about it and I'm not skillful enough to apply such a hard colour anyway. If I know that I am going to make loads of mistakes and wipe my nails off a few times, I rather do that with a cheaper nail varnish.

I could be eating my words soon (I know myself) but for now, what are your thoughts on Chanel Mimosa and yellow nail varnishes? Will you give it a go?

See you soon.
x